What GETS Teaches You
You will gain the skills to enter a union apprenticeship or a job in construction, energy efficiency, or solar.
As a GETS graduate, you will have job and apprenticeship opportunities in a number of in-demand fields.
Upcoming Course Offerings
For details of current and upcoming course offerings, click below.
THE GETS IMPACT
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Have a valid CA driver’s license or the ability to obtain one
- Demonstrate an 8th grade reading, reading comprehension, writing, and math level
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Be fluent in English
- Have a stable living situation
- Be able to attend training every day, Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Have reliable transportation to and from training
- Express strong motivation to find a job and/or enter an apprenticeship upon completion of training
- Be willing to make a 12-month commitment to your own professional development and to Rising Sun
Here’s what some happy participants had to say:
“This was an excellent class and I am glad that I invested time and energy into it. I hope to stay connected to the contacts I have made here.”
“It was very enlightening to learn how wasteful and inefficient most homes are and how important small fixes and behavioral changes are.”
“I thought everything the class had to offer was fun. The hands on portion was great, I also thought the teaching was on point too.”